Saturday, May 23, 2015

So I lost my grocery list...

After I got back from the store I couldn't find it. Did some crazy amounts of cleaning today and it turned up, so we're back in business.

So this week's menu:

Vegan vegetable soup. I bought 2 bags of frozen vegetable soup mix. Mine has carrots, lima beans, green beans,corn, okra, carrots, potatoes, and tomatoes. I added celery, garlic, and mushrooms. I only added half the mushrooms because I'm using it for my next meal....

Pizza! The pizzas were such a big hit last time I made them I'm making them again. I've got some Vidalia onions and mushrooms for mine. D likes his half pepperoni and half cheese.

Remember those pork kebabs I made for cinco de mayo? Well D was in love with them. So I picked up some ground pork and I'm marinating it tomorrow and making pork burgers with carrot fries. We've been eating a lot of sweet potatoes so I thought I'd go with carrots instead. I've still got some corn from last week so I might cook that up too.
http://voraciousvander.com/2011/12/05/the-best-way-to-cook-zucchini-and-carrots/

I actually planned a lunch! Go me! OK super simple and it was pretty yummy...cucumber sandwiches. I nixed the butter because we were eating it right away, but I was very pleased with it. Paired it with grapes, but use whatever you like.
http://www.chewoutloud.com/2014/05/19/lemon-cucumber-cream-cheese-sandwiches/

Last but not least. Sweet potato shepards pie. I really wanted to make this, but I realized I had regular potatoes that needed to be used so I'm using regular potatoes. I'm giving you the recipe anyway and you can make it and tell me how amazing it was.
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/11/sweet-potato-turkey-shepards-pie.html?m=1

Picked up apricots and bananas as fruit. I checked out prices on pork ribs. Be prepared in 2 weeks. Making bbq pork ribs. I'm excited.

So that's it for this week. I let my soup simmer and the time just went off. So I'm gonna eat me some deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment